Skip to main content
What is Films on Demand?
Films on Demand is an online library of streaming videos, covering a wide range of topics.CCSF's subscription includes approximately 15,000 films. Access Films on Demand from the library website's Articles and Databases page or find titles through OneSearch. Questions? Contact the library.
Films on Demand
There are a few ways to find videos:
1. Search by keyword: In the search box, type your search terms.
2. Go to Menu / Browse Videos / By Subject. Choose Careers & Job Search.
If viewing this guide from off-campus, you will see a login screen instead of video posted here. In order to access video, see how to create an account below.
Creating FOD Accounts
Navigate to Films on Demand. Once logged in with RAM ID (if off-campus), students, faculty and staff have the option of creating a personal user account. What are the benefits of doing this?
- Allows tagging and saving favorites for easy recall
- Allows curation of lists of films and segments, that can be shared with other users
- Gives control of user settings including playback rate and automatic startup of close captioning
To create an account, simply locate the "create account" screen in the upper right corner of the screen.
Streaming from Home
An active RAM ID (student ID number) and RAM ID password is required for off-campus access to Films on Demand and Kanopy. When accessing these resources from off-campus, users will be prompted to log in with RAM ID, then will be able to view resources as if they are on-campus.
View short and engaging videos on a variety of topics offered at TED Talks. Search by keyword or by topic. You can also search by topic. A number of talks can be found using the word Career.
Library & Learning Resources, City College of San Francisco
50 Phelan Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94112 (415) 452-5541