Skip to main content
Hover over Streaming Video tab above to link to other culinary video collections
Kanopy provides on-demand streaming video for over 12,000 educational films; Students can search by topic to find award winning documentaries, training videos and theatrical releases.
Getting Started with Kanopy
First things first--you don't need to create an account to use Kanopy. Once you've logged in with your RAM ID if off-campus, or access Kanopy from on-campus, you have the option of creating a user account. What are the benefits of doing this?
- You can edit films (e.g. create clips and playlists) and store these for later reference
- You can create watchlists of your favorite films and store these for later reference
- You can keep a record of your viewed films for your reference (and for finding other film suggestions)
- You can optimize your user experience, as when you log in we can ensure to tailor the user experience and profile the films most relevant to you.
You can create a personal user account on Kanopy by selecting the "Sign in" button at the top right of the Kanopy website and creating a user profile.
Additional help can be found at For Viewers Help
Films on Demand
Films on Demand allows users to search for and stream educational videos, including ones related to culinary arts and hospitality, among other subjects.
Getting Started with Films on Demand
Creating FOD Accounts
First things first--you don't need to create an account to use Films on Demand (FOD). You'll be prompted to log in using your RAM ID when accessing CCSF Library's FOD collection from off-campus. Once logged in, you'll have the option of creating a personal user account. What are the benefits of doing this?
- Allows you tag and save favorites for easy recall
- Lets you curate your own lists of films and segments, that can be shared with your students
- Gives you control of user settings including playback rate and automatic startup of close captioning
To create an account, click on My Films in upper right corner, and select Create Account from the dropdown menu.
Films on Demand Resources
Library & Learning Resources, City College of San Francisco
50 Phelan Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94112 (415) 452-5541