Skip to main content
Kanopy provides on-demand streaming video for over 12,000 educational films; Students can search by topic to find award winning documentaries, training videos and theatrical releases.
Getting Started with Kanopy
First things first--you don't need to create an account to use Kanopy. Once you've logged in with your RAM ID if off-campus, or access Kanopy from on-campus, you have the option of creating a user account. What are the benefits of doing this?
- You can edit films (e.g. create clips and playlists) and store these for later reference
- You can create watchlists of your favorite films and store these for later reference
- You can keep a record of your viewed films for your reference (and for finding other film suggestions)
- You can optimize your user experience, as when you log in we can ensure to tailor the user experience and profile the films most relevant to you.
You can create a personal user account on Kanopy by selecting the "Sign in" button at the top right of the Kanopy website and creating a user profile.
Additional help can be found at For Viewers Help
Films on Demand
You may stream videos from Films on Demand, which is accessible through the Library's Articles & Database webpage. This database contains many educational videos relating to nutrition.
Two ways to find videos:
1. Search by keyword: In the search box, type your search terms.
nutrition AND obesity
careers AND nutrition
2. Browse: Click on "Collections."
Library & Learning Resources, City College of San Francisco
50 Phelan Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94112 (415) 452-5541