Skip to main content
CRAAP Test for Web Resources
Five criteria to consider when deciding whether a web source is appropriate for college research: Currency, Relevance, Authority, Accuracy, and Purpose.
Trusted Health Websites
General Health Sites:
- Medline Plus (National Library of Medicine). Good background on various diseases, conditions, and public health issues. If you are looking for a topic, check out this list of population groups and health issues.
- NIH.gov (National Institutes of Health). A vast resources of medical research and health initiative data.
Health Demographics & Data:
- State Health Facts (Kaiser Family Foundation). Includes clickable area maps on CA and the entire nation that geographically depicts health demographic information.
- National Center for Health Statistics Subset of the Center for Disease Control's website that offers user-friendly interface to locate health data.
- SFHIP Focusing exclusively on the city and county of San Francisco, this site shares health data for the region. Every three years, the organziation that runs this site, a federation of public and private locale health agenies, conducts a comprehensive health assessment for the region.
Library & Learning Resources, City College of San Francisco
50 Phelan Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94112 (415) 452-5541